Friday, April 9, 2010

For the love of mopping

I did something yesterday that I never thought I would love doing. Mopping floors...
In case you were worried, no I did not use my white fluffy dogs to mop my floors. However I would be lying if I said that the thought of putting a long handle on my dogs and setting them to work had not crossed my mind. Can you see the similarities?
With 8 little pawpads and a set of twinkle toes toddling around on the floors, it is a job that needs to be done more regularly. Now I am almost certain that the images of an unhappy looking housewife wearing gloves and a scarf on her head, slaving over a bucket are going through your head and you are possibly thinking, "How can a person in their right mind actually 'enjoy' mopping?" True, true. While I may not look as happy when mopping as the lovely lady below....
I certainly am enjoying it more now that my gorgeous mum gave me her Kenwood Steam Mop after she upgraded to a new one. No more buckets and dodgy mops that seem to just spread the dirt around on the floor. I am sure my partner thinks I am going insane when I get excited over the latest steam mop infomercials on TV (and don't think that I haven't noticed when he tries to change the channel before I see these wonderful inventions), but it truly makes mopping easy. So don't knock it until you try it!



I can say with pride and a wink in my eye that I am a self confessed steam mop addict!

Now to see how long my nice clean floors last before three little friends wake up from their sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment